Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Can you tell if someone would be good in bed?


Can you tell if someone would be good in bed? We are told all day long by advertisers that long-haired, tiny-waisted, fake-breasted girls between the ages of 17 and 25 are great in bed. Why else would Axe body spray sell to boys just discovering hair on places other than their heads? But really, objectively, can you guess if someone will be good in bed?

Example 1: The Prosecutor. I was in trial today. As I listened to a ruling on a case other than being read, I noticed, for the first time in detail, the prosecutor. He was classic government lawyer- a bad scratchy suit, faded overly thin white button down shirt, graying hair and a voice that lulled with all the passion of a sedated 25-lbs cat. Out of habit I noticed his wedding ring. This, in my boredom, immediately made me imagine him, lumpy and beer bellied demanding that his poor wife get on top because "he had a bad day controlling crime in the city." Like he was Batman or something.

Example 2: The Judge: Every once in awhile someone completely breaks the stereotype. Judges are usually in their 60s and 70s, clad in tweed jackets under their robes with bellies that they hike their pants up over. Not this judge. This one was HOT. So hot that the first time I went in for a pre-trial hearing, I found myself trying to lean over to show the slightest bit of cleavage from beneath my fancy law firm approved-designer suit. Then I saw his wedding ring. Crap! Not that I could ever date a judge assigned to my case. But let me tell you, I would not mind examing his briefs. I think the feeling may have been mutual- he sat and talked to me - and just me in his courtroom- for 40 minutes after our court day ended. Sigh- I hate hot and married.

Would the hot one be better in bed? If neither were married, obviously I'd only want to sleep with the hot one, but does the fact that he's hot, necessarily mean that he'd be better in bed? One would think that the hotter guy had probably had more sex partners, and hence, would be a better lover. Unless of course the poor prosecutor, trying to make up for his distinct lack of charisma and outward sex appeal decided to earn himself the nickname "the tongue" for all who dared cross the threshold into his office.

I know I'll never really know. But in my boredom I do wonder. And I've had it go all ways- really hot dates can turn into bad lovers and guys I fell for because of their personality can turn into amazing born-to-please magicians. Ultimately, sex appeal comes down to chemistry between the partners. That or Mr. Prosecutor paid for his bride from a Thai mail-order bride catalog, because honestly, I cannot imagine anyone wanting to see if he can in fact bring the moves- even if he is doused in Axe Body Spray.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Miranda. Love it.

    From the guys side the best sex does come from chemistry and it's usually the guys responsibility to make the woman feel comfortable and secure and that makes for better sex. Guys once again you have to take the lead in relationships.

    The worst sex I had was with a girl that was on the cover of Cosmo. She was hot as all hell, but dead, boring and the epitome of a dead lay.

    ReplyDelete